Warren, Pa. – Serious Harry Potter fans know that “alohomora” is the unlocking charm used to open and unlock doors.
With that in mind, two Warren women with a passion to get kids reading are spearheading “Alohomora: A Harry Potter Festival” in downtown Warren, Pa., on October 5 and 6.
With the theme “Unlock the door to a world of adventure!,” Ruby Wiles of Free Books for Kids Town and children’s writer Jenette Guntly will add to the Harry Potter festivals celebrated across the country and internationally. Wizardly music, butterbeer and costume contests, sorting hat, magical classes, and character dining will assure the event appeals to children, young adults, parents, and more.
The organizers are inviting volunteers to join them for their initial planning meeting on Tuesday, June 12, 7 p.m., in the Hawke Room of the Jefferson Defrees Family Center, 207 Second Avenue in Warren.
“We are looking for people who want to be part of the magic and bring Hogwarts to northwestern Pennsylvania,” said Guntly, the Festival Director.
Festival events will also include magical trivia for adults and children, a downtown wizard’s map with grand prize, live magical music, and wizardly vendors.
“We need a lot of volunteer power to make this happen,” Guntly continued. “To reward participation, we are providing a free giveaway to all who attend the first meeting.”
- Headmaster Organization: Festival Organization and Administration
- Order of the Firebird: Character Portrayal and Dramatizations
- Ministry Office of Information: Festival Information and Registration
- Flitwick’s Chorus: Roaming and Full-Band Live Music
- Nocturne Knick Knacks: Vendor and Food
- Conjured Contests: Butterbeer, Costume, Trivia, Prizes
- Practical Magic: Technical and Sound
Until the festival website is live, for more information contact Jenette Guntly at email@example.com or by calling toll-free 1-888-548-8858.