Prendergast Library is offering a new round of computer classes for the month of January, as well as one-on-one assistance with electronic devices. Our Learning Lab Technician can help with: Kindles, iPads, Smartphones, Laptops, Google Tablets and more! To schedule a one-on-one appointment, call the library at 484-7135 ext. 225.
The library’s classes will cover a wide range of technology-related topics:
- Genealogy Lab: Wednesdays from 2:00-4:00 p.m. This new program meets every Wednesday in the PCC Lab. Come work on your genealogy project in a fun group setting, with a staff member available to answer questions.
- Introduction to Powerpoint: January 9 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. Learn the basic steps involved in creating a professional presentation using Microsoft Powerpoint in this introductory course.
- Introduction to Excel: January 16 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. Learn how to create professional documents in no time in this introductory class. Students will learn how to navigate the program, how to create spreadsheets and formulas, and other introductory skills.
- Intermediate Excel: January 18 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. This course builds on the skills taught in Introduction to Excel. Students will learn more advanced methods to make the most out of Excel.
- Intermediate Computers (Webinar): January 22, 24, 26 from 11:00-1:00 p.m. Taught by a BOCES instructor off-site, this class will allow students to learn more advanced computer skills, such as browsing the Internet and using email.
- Basic Computers: January 23 and 25 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. Learn the first steps to using a computer in this class, which covers turning terminals on and off, using a mouse, navigating Windows, and computer terms. Students will progress to learning how to create letters and resumes in Microsoft Word, saving to different computer drives, using email, and browsing the Internet.
- Leadership Skill Class: January 22 and 29 Learn how to be an effective leader every day in this new class being offered at the library.
- Introduction to QuickBooks: January 29 and 31 This class introduces students to QuickBooks and provides an overview of the program’s basic functions.
Classes at Prendergast Library are free and open to the public. Walk-ins are welcome. Webinars and Quickbooks classes are funded by the NYS Library’s Adult Literacy Services grant program through the Chautauqua Cattaraugus Library System.
The library is located at 509 Cherry St., Jamestown. For information, call 484-7135 or visit the library’s website at prendergastlibrary.org.