Alzheimer’s disease is not a normal part of aging. It is a progressive and fatal brain disease that is the most common form of dementia. “The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease” is a free class presented by the Alzheimer’s Association Western New York Chapter for anyone who would like to know more about the disease and related dementias. The program will be offered in Cassadaga at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 4, 2017 in the Cassadaga Branch Library at 18 Maple Avenue.
Attendees will learn:
- Symptoms and effects of Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia
- How Alzheimer’s affects the brain
- Causes and risk factors
- How to find out if it’s Alzheimer’s disease
- The benefits of early detection
- Resources in your community, including the Alzheimer’s Association WNY Chapter
There is no cost to attend this public presentation, but registration is encouraged by calling 1.800.272.3900.